JSM 2019 just ended, and it is time to start gearing up for organizing the invited program for JSM 2020, which will be held in Philadelphia, August 1-6, 2020.
ICSA would like to invite you to submit an invited session proposal by September 5, 2019.
The theme for JSM 2020 is “Everyone Counts: Data for the Public Good,” but not all sessions have to adhere to this theme. Formats vary for invited sessions; however, all are 110 minutes in length and have a session chair. The sessions typically include 2–6 participants, including the chair, with two of the most popular and successful formats being 2–3 speakers with a discussant or a panel discussion of 3–5 panelists. Please reference the call for invited sessions published in Amstat News: https://magazine.amstat.org/blog/2019/07/01/jsm2020/ .
Detailed information needed to submit an invited session proposal is provided below. If you encounter any problems with the online system, please contact Naomi Friedman at email@example.com. You will need to have the following information to submit your session proposal online:
1. Session Type (invited)
2. Session Subtype (e.g., paper or panel)
3. Sponsor (Select International Chinese Statistical Association from the pull-down menu provided; organizers can select up to 3)
4. Title of Session
5. Session Description – please provide the following information in this field:
▪ Short description of session, including focus, content, timeliness, and appeal
▪ Invited speakers/panelists, including affiliation and email address for each participant and tentative title for each presentation
▪ Format of session (e.g., chair, three speakers, and discussant)
▪ No abstracts are required for submission at this time
6. Theme (yes or no): Designate if the session has topics relevant to the JSM theme
7. Applied (yes or no): Designate if the session has topics relevant, or will have special appeal, to applied statisticians
8. Estimated audience size: Select the estimated audience size the session will attract
9. Session organizer, including affiliation and email address
10. Session chair, including affiliation and email address
11. Discussant (if any), including affiliation and email address
Please contact potential participants before submitting a proposal, as they already may have committed to participating in another session at JSM 2020. There are participation guidelines and restrictions regarding the number of times and in what capacity one can participate in the program: https://ww2.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2020/guidelines.cfm.
Looking forward to receiving your proposals!
ICSA representative to JSM 2020